A new mommy's mishaps, mayhem, and majesty

Monday, November 28, 2011

I have a toddler?

when did that happen!?!

During the first couple of weeks after Lily was born, I kept hearing about how fast she would grow and how quickly the time would go. The first few weeks had felt like the longest of my life- struggling to get a handle on motherhood while still trying to recover from the exhaustion of delivery and the almost week we were in the hospital and few days after with the bili lights while Lily had jaundice. Before I knew it, my baby was a month old, then two, three, and so on, until she turned one year old just a couple of weeks ago.

Now we are expecting another girl- and I am wondering if I will be able to handle two teenage girls at once. I'm getting ahead of myself, I guess; before they become teenagers, I will have to learn how to juggle two babies at once with different needs. If I go all the way to my due date, they will be about 17 months apart, but since I didn't make it to 39 weeks with Lily I am expecting this baby will come a little earlier as well. What in the world will we name her? I've only been thinking of boy names, expecting to have a boy this time around. It will come, I'm sure. We have a few months to figure it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment