A new mommy's mishaps, mayhem, and majesty

Saturday, January 7, 2012

Ok, so the holidays are over, which means that my least favorite part of winter is here. It's just cold and there really isn't anything for me to look forward to except Spring and the end of winter. I start to get antsy for Spring as soon as January hits. I have more than one reason to look forward to Spring this year- and more than one reason to appreciate winter. We'll have our second girl sometime in early spring, which means that I have a few more months of rest before the sleepless nights start again.

A brief summary of our holidays:

Lily's second christmas was a little more eventful than her first. She was only six weeks last year; this year she was a little more interested in what was going on. She isn't really old enough to rip open the wrapping paper on her own, so we helped her quite a bit, but by the end she was starting to get the hang of it. It was really cute to watch her tear off tiny bits of paper at a time, look at it, and proceed to tear another tiny bit of paper off her presents. She got a few new toys and a couple of books. I think she had the most fun with her stocking though, pulling out the toys from inside. After video chatting with Grandma, we went to dinner at Sam and Prescott's house and had some more fun. I got a steam cleaner and a new set of pots and pans that I've had my eye on for months.

For New Year's we went to my sister's apartment in Lindon. My mom and youngest sister were visiting from California. We played a few games to while away the time, put together a puzzle, celebrated the stroke of midnight and went to bed. After a turkey dinner the next evening we returned home so Matt could go to work the next morning.

1 comment: