A new mommy's mishaps, mayhem, and majesty

Monday, February 6, 2012

Spring Cleaning

It looks like I won't be getting any more sleep tonight. I've had to-do lists and shopping lists running through my head all night, not to mention I am starving but too tired to get up and forage for food. Most of all, I am just uncomfortable- and I still have way too far to go to not be getting enough sleep. My due date is 9 1/2 weeks away but I am expecting sooner than that we will have our second baby girl in our arms.
I still have things to do before then- and I feel like I am just waiting for time to pass so I can get all the things done that I need to and finally relax. I can't really say I'd be breathing easier since my lungs feel so squished right now that I don't think it would make all that big of a difference (I've got a BAD case of the nesting instinct- and it probably isn't going away any time soon).
Because our apartment lacks a lot of essential storage space, we have a lot of stuff and not a lot of space to put it in. To try and squish in a fourth (though very small) person, I've constantly been arranging and rearranging our apartment (mostly the babies' room) to try and find the best way to maximize our space and get rid of the stuff that we really don't need. Most of our furniture is old and junky, and if we were rich I would probably go out and buy all new furniture. But we aren't; so I have to content myself with simply finding budget-friendly solutions for our storage needs. I've spent days working on the girl's room, trying to cram baby gear into every nook and cranny I can find, including the limited amount of space underneath the two cribs. The room is pretty small and barely fits two cribs, a dresser, changing table and glider. I'd move the glider out to the living room but it is wall-to-wall furniture in there as well. Today I think I might rearrange our bedroom closet, and see if I can't finish some of the unfinished decor projects I've started on and halfway finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment