A new mommy's mishaps, mayhem, and majesty

Sunday, January 23, 2011

good idea

It just occurred to me the other day that having a blog is like an online journal- one that I can write for me, but nothing I have to say is anything I wouldn't share with people. I've been looking for a more permanent way to preserve my past journals- what if I (or anyone else) can't read my writing a few years for now, or if fire,water, etc. damages them?

I've created another blog to post my past journal entries- cleaner, more permanent, and easy to edit out things I don't want to share with posterity (drama with past boyfriends? I dunno, maybe my kids can learn from my mistakes). I had started transcribing my journals in the past, but I stored it on a flash drive, which was stolen from the Snow library computer I was using. it was password protected, but still- I lost it. I can access it anywhere if it is on the internet.

I haven't decided whether or not to open this blog to others to view. For now I will keep it hidden as I fill it with details of my past.

No comments:

Post a Comment