A new mommy's mishaps, mayhem, and majesty

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

tummy troubles

so, I finally squeezed my butt into a pair of my prepreggo pants today. It's been a little over nine weeks since I gave birth to my sweet little Lily, and several months since I've worn the pants. While it makes me feel good that i can get them on, the picture is not pretty. My untoned jell-o tummy hangs over the edges and out underneath one of the 3 long-sleeved prepreggo shirts that I own which, last year, was a tad bit too large for me.
Given the circumstances I think that this would be a veritable excuse for going shopping, but our limited financial means make it virtually impossible for me to do so (And since my pregnancy only lasted about a week or two into the cold season, I really didn't have any warm preggo wear. So most of the time I wear a maternity t-shirt with a sweater and one of the two pairs of pants that fit me). I would love to go shopping for Lily, but since she was given so many hand-me-downs I really can't justify that, either. At least until she grows into the 6-9 month size.
Hand-me-downs are great, and they come in handy, but at the same time I wish I had an excuse to go out and get something I pick out myself that I can coordinate with everything else. I do appreciate the hand-me-downs, though. And before I know it I will have all kinds of chances to buy clothes for my little girl. More than I want, I suppose.
But man, I really wish I had clothes that fit me. Instead of my wardrobe being either too big or too small.

3 comments:

  1. I'm in the same boat. I'm still squeezing myself into my pre-pregnancy pants. And it doesn't look great. Aly's 3 months this week! If you find some magic pill to make the stretch marks go away let me know!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, my mom finally went out and got me a pair of larger jeans over Thanksgiving, and then I lost a whole bunch of weight over Christmas! At least when you are preggo you keep getting bigger somewhat predictably. :S

    ReplyDelete
  3. actually, I never got stretch marks... just a jello tummy.

    ReplyDelete