A new mommy's mishaps, mayhem, and majesty

Monday, January 31, 2011

Gooo-ing to the temple and we're....gooo-nna get ma-a-a-ried...

Whew! I had to take a 3 hour nap today. Normally, I hate taking naps, and have an agenda with things that I need to get done for the day. Today I just felt like relaxing and having some quiet time with my husband and baby. Spent the weekend with friends and family visiting; I had lots of fun but the events of the weekend wore me out.

Finally, after nearly two years of waiting, my husband and I were finally sealed in the Manti temple on Saturday. I expected to be very emotional since I'd been close to tears of joy all week, but instead when we got there I felt very calm. Which is, I guess, one way I feel the spirit, since a lot of the time I feel some degree of anxiety. I had wanted to spend the morning relaxing and preparing for the day, but I had dishes to wash, a baby to feed, food and drinks to prepare and drop off to my sis-in-law, etc. I tried during the couple of days before to get most things done such as cleaning the apartment, but Lily had a couple of fussy days and I wasn't able to do much.

Despite the somewhat frenzied morning I had, I felt the difference immediately as soon as we set foot in the temple. My mom came in the car with us because she needed to fit the beautiful dress she made on Lily. It has been years since my parents went to the temple, and I was so thrilled they were able to recieve their recommends in time to witness our sealing. I think the highlight of the experience was seeing Lily brought in with her white dress. I was so worried she would be fussy and not feeling well, but she just had the biggest grins the whole time. I think at one point she was talking to someone(s) we couldn't see, because when her hand was placed on ours, she just woke up and started smiling and cooing at a corner of the room. She was just so adorable- and I think knowing she is mine forever now increases my love and concern for her.

I didn't start feeling much of a difference right away- even when I got endowed it took overnight for it to sink in for me- but now that I am better rested I am noticing that I feel a little more connected and that my love for my husband comes a little bit easier now.

Yesterday we blessed Lily. it was short but sweet, and after sacrament meeting we went over to our apartment for brunch. Talk about being in a sardine can! there were 28 people crammed into our little apartment. I was worried about having tons of leftovers since there weren't as many people at dinner the night before as I thought there was going to be. But it seems like there was just enough. It was a nice, sunny day. It's too bad there was snow on the ground, otherwise we would've just gone to the park. oh well, maybe next time.

All in all, it was a good weekend. We did both at once because my family was up for the weekend and had to be back early this morning. I'm yawning; so I suppose I should get to bed now.

1 comment:

  1. and I'm following yours now too! I'm so happy for you guys! what a special experience especially since your parents could be there!! :)

    ReplyDelete